flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [FlexJS] State of the examples
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 21:33:32 GMT

Today I finally found some time to investigate why the Maven Jenkins Build is red for over
10 days now. It turns out that one of my integration-tests was failing.
So, I thought that this might be related to some recent refactoring reducing the number of
divs and generally the structure of the generated HTML and all I would have to do is to adjust
some selectors.

So, I fired up the integration-test tomcat and had a look at the application.

Right now, I’m only testing FlexJSStore and the HelloWorld in my rudimentary test-suite.
And FlexJSStore seems completely broken. I can see the logo and three buttons, but nothing
is happening if I click on one of them. So, it seems my little integration-test is doing its
job nicely. Unfortunately, right now I have no clue at why it’s not working and I’m still
filled up with a shi*load of work for my paid job. It would however be great if you could
have a look and eventually fix what’s broken.

-          ChartExample (is an empty browser window, but I know you’re still working on

-          DataBindingExample (Doesn’t seem to get a quote)

-          DataBindingExample_as (Same … but additionally layout seems changed/broken)

-          DataBindingExample_Flat (Same as DataBindingExample)

-          FlexJSStore (Only the logo and three buttons displayed and these have no function)

-          FlexJSStore_jquery (Only the logo and three buttons displayed and these have no

-          FlexTeamPage_MDL (Empty browser page)

-          FlexWebsiteStatsViewer (Doesn’t get/display any stats)

-          MobileTrader (Buttons don’t seem to be doing anything)

-          TeamPage (All text in one line, can’t scroll)

-          TodoListSampleApp (All entries seem to be in one place above the list … no list

Right now, it seems as if most of our examples no longer work. I think we should make sure
they do. And I think it would be worth investing more time in creating some Integration tests,
which rudimentary test our applications. I doubt we will make people fond of FlexJS if most
of our examples don’t work. Or is there just some work in progress and things will be running
smoothly in a few days?