flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: The state of FlexJS
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 18:40:23 GMT
And what could be better than attending our first flexjs summit at this year's apache con in
Miami in May? :-)

We wouldn't be doing that and traveling there from all over the world, if we didn't believe
in it being THE next thing in web development.

Von: Carlos Rovira <carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com>
Datum: 01.03.17 19:30 (GMT+01:00)
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: The state of FlexJS

To append to what Alex said, I think is a good momento to jump to FlexJS
and help development.
I found somewhat affordable and end doing an entire library with Piotr (a
library that implements the
complete set of Material Design Library).

For me, some months ago that was not possible, today I think the barrier is
much lower and as well
you have other good points like the Visual Studio Code extension developed
by Josh Tynjala (NextActionScript)

A crucial point for me was the maven support that make setup an environment
to develop FlexJS

I'll encourage you to star trying the technology since it deserves it.

> On 3/1/17, 6:43 AM, "hferreira" <hferreira.80@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hello community,
> >
> >I just wanted to know that current state of FlexJS ?
> >Is still too far away to be considered for a complex application ?
> IMO, it depends on how complex.  We are looking for folks who are willing
> to put up with the rough edges and help us make FlexJS strong enough to
> support your application.  It won't be like working with Flex 4.x.  There
> will be lots of bugs and other issues, but we need real world applications
> in order to find and fix those bugs and issues.
> So if you or anyone else reading this is interested, let's find out more
> about what your app does and requires.
> Thanks,
> -Alex

Carlos Rovira