flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Embed Workaround
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 17:05:59 GMT
How to add full support for [Embed] is a complicated question.

I think it would be great to support it, but the details get sticky. I think we need a list
of use cases for [Embed] to figure out the right behavior for each and a way to differentiate
the use cases. On the simplest level, it could simply copy files and set src to the copied
path. Maybe get fancy with BinaryData? What to do with BitmapData? What about Class assignment?
I’m not sure what the right answer is to these questions.

For the BlendBead, all we really need though, is SWF support. The JS side does not rely on
the PixelBender files.

Harbs