flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] feature branch
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:51:41 GMT
I have to revert the change to UIBase that sets position:absolute when
either .x or .y properties are set on the JS-side. Using absolute position
messes with some layouts.

All of the layout code that requires position:absolute sets it when
needed. BasicLayout, for example, sets position:absolute on each child and
then checks the strand. If it doesn't have position set to either absolute
or relative, it sets the strand's element's position to relative to ensure
the absolute positioning of the children apply relative to the strand.

If your component work needs to set .x and .y you have a couple of
alternatives:

1: Write your component using Group or Container as its base class. Then
add in the BasicLayout bead.
2: If your component is UIBase based, then use COMPILE::JS block to set
element.style.position = "absolute" whenever you set .x or .y.

We can also make a UIComponentBase class that extends GroupBase and puts
in BasicLayout. Then you just need to trigger the layout once your view
has been created and whenever it changes side.

—peter