flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Container and Layout Progress
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:34:11 GMT
I've committed and pushed changes to MDL that should make it compile. I
don't think it will work - I'll be doing that next but I wanted to get the
project to compile.

Basically, all of the List-like MDL classes now extends Group rather than
ContainerBase, which I should delete. Then I needed to make the classes
implement the updates to IItemRendererParent. The DataGroup isn't used any
longer so those classes have to act as ItemRendererParents now. Probably a
better way is to use a proxy and consolidate the code; I used this for

But I will get MDL to work without major structural changes since it
JS-side only which makes it easier now.

On 3/23/17, 2:01 PM, "Peter Ent" <pent@adobe.com> wrote:

>Yes, Chris does have a good point and from now on* I will definitely use
>feature branches. I thought I could squeeze this through.
>I checked in changes to Chart that should make it compile. I doubt it will
>run, but that is on the list. I will look into MDL now. That will take
>I am leary about doing the rollback at this point. You should be able to
>remove MDL from the build temporarily. If you are relying on it, I will
>try to be as quick as possible and test against the MDL example before
>pushing my changes.
>* I will use feature branches once I get MDL working.
>On 3/23/17, 1:31 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Sure. Including me.
>>But Chris does have a point that we should be using feature branches more
>>than we are.
>>The tone of my question might have not come across correctly. I meant to
>>ask how difficult it would be to move all changes to a feature branch and
>>push the feature branch. If it¹s too difficult, we can just continue to
>>fix the develop branch for now.
>>> On Mar 23, 2017, at 7:19 PM, Josh Tynjala <joshtynjala@gmail.com>
>>> Peter warned the list that his changes would break some things
>>> and he asked if he should proceed. Everyone who responded said that it
>>> okay.
>>> - Josh

View raw message