flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject [FlexJS] Container and Layout Progress
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:49:02 GMT
Hi,

I'm am making progress toward simplifying the JS output generated from the components. I should
be making a commit either tomorrow or the next day. There will be some things not working
100% correctly, mostly because they need to be tuned to use the new layouts or are making
assumptions about positioning which have changed.

I've made changes to Group (which as my most recent commit), Container, List, Panel, etc.
because they depend on some base work. I've also changed some of the SWF-side algorithms for
layout and greatly simplified the HTML/JS versions of those layouts.

I've tested some of the examples and have fixed components that needed tuning. For example,
the DateChooser is now a Group with three main parts and it uses VerticalFlexLayout to size
and position those parts. The button header and days-of-week list use HorizontalFlexLayout.
Panel is now a Group and it, too, uses VerticalFlexLayout to position the title bar and Container
content area.  So it has been a bit of time using those components to expose some short-coming
in the layout code. I also had to go back and re-think how all of these parts fit together
and behave on the Flash and HTML platforms.

I want to produce a before-and-after snapshot of some HTML so show you the differences and
I will produce that tomorrow. Then I have to merge my changes into the develop branch.

I have only touched Core and HTML framework projects, but some of the other projects (like
Charts) depend on these and I want to assess them before going further.

Regards,
Peter