flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS,PureMVC] Building new project PureMVC demo by maven and code donation from Prashant
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:02:38 GMT
Hi Piotr,

A FlexJS SWC has more contents than a regular Flex SWC.  The FlexJS SWC
contains transpiled JS files.  So somebody will have to use FlexJS's
workflow to build a PureMVC.swc for FlexJS.  That SWC should be backward
compatible with regular Flex projects assuming PureMVC has no dependencies
on Flex or FlexJS.

The workflow will be changing once the dual branch is merged.  It will be
possible to have a Flash Builder project build the SWC with the transpiled
JS without having to run the launch config.

But either way, I don't know of any reason why such a SWC couldn't go in a
Maven repo.

FWIW, if there is still an active community for PureMVC, there is no need
to "adopt" the code into our repos, so having PureMVC be downloaded would
be preferable, so I think you are on the right path.

HTH,
-Alex