flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Just need to vent...
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2017 14:22:17 GMT

On 3/18/17, 1:02 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> So, does anyone think the we should try to retain the "don't copy if it
>> exists" code?  Otherwise I will change the code to always copy.
>Do you know how much of a performance hit to compile time this might be?
>If it’s any at all that is?

I think it would depend on how many files from SWCs you need and your mass
storage technology and any virus checking that checks on disk writes.  You
can test it yourself on your apps by making sure the output folder
(bin/js-debug) doesn't exist (that forces a copy) and then timing
subsequent compiles where bin/js-debug does exist.  It's really a caching

At some point, it would add up to something.

That said, I'm now planning to try to change the compiler output to only
emit goog.requires for prototype dependencies and uses a special jsdoc tag
in place of all of the other goog.requires we currently output.  That
might make compiles even faster because we won't have to muck with the
list of requires on each compile.

View raw message