flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/develop] - Added Shader files (with compiler argument)
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:01:57 GMT

On 3/7/17, 9:29 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>I don’t understand what you mean.
>
>These files were just copied from the flex-sdk.
>
>Huh! The pbj files were not committed. It looks like they were excluded
>in the .gitignore.
>
>I just fixed that.

Funny!  That was exactly the opposite reaction that we needed ;-).

This is open source.  PBJ files are object files.  They should not be
committed to our repos.

And that's the uber point.  The way to convert PBK to PBJ is via an Adobe
tool, and most folks don't want to have to get the tool working in order
to build our source releases.

So even for the flex-sdk, several years ago, we created a special one-off
PixelBender release.  The flex-sdk download.xml script brings down the
binary artifact and unpacks the PB files.  I was trying to get you to use
those same files.  Otherwise, every PMC member who wants to vote on our
source releases will have to install the Adobe tool.

Please make the switch to the PixelBender release instead of putting the
PB files in flex-asjs.

Thanks,
-Alex