flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: massive memory leak in Flex
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 22:34:59 GMT

On 3/3/17, 1:23 PM, "Jason Taylor" <jason@dedoose.com> wrote:

>sounds good, this is all stemming from a memory I discovered in our
>SparkTree component which is based off
>https://github.com/kachurovskiy/Spark-Tree which I'm sure a lot of people
>use.  In the middle of redesigning a solid tree component based of
>SaturnBoy's work that is FAR more performant with a lot less code
>complexity, and hopefully dosen't exhibit the memory leak issue.

OK.  I'm not clear if you still think there is a memory issue or just saw
some aliasing from Scout.  The System.totalMemory technique is how we used
to test for memory leaks before there were FB Profiler and Scout and is
less likely to cause aliasing.  I haven't used that technique in a long
time, but I think maybe I actually used code like:

Var tm:int = System.totalMemory;
Math.max(lastTotalMemory, tm)
lastTotalMemory = tm;

so you are observing the high water mark.

HTH,
-Alex