flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/develop] - Add JS support for non pixel numeric properties ie fontWeight
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 06:11:09 GMT
Hi,

> How will we achieve parity on the SWF side?  And keep the SWF
> implementation simple.  SWF only knows about "bold" and "normal".  That's
> one reason SimpleCSSStylesImpl is "simple”.

Is this a real concern? There are several other styles in that class that don't have parity
between JS and AS i.e  background image, border style, vertical align and padding. May also
be others I’ve not looked at all properties in detail.

It seems wrong to me to disable something in the JS side just because it’s not supported
in the AS side. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Justin