flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/develop] - Add JS support for non pixel numeric properties ie fontWeight
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 18:15:01 GMT
The code is JS-only, so I think I agree as well.

Disallowing valid JS values just because it does not work on the swf side seems silly if the
code has no cost on the SWF side.

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 7:43 PM, Yishay Weiss <yishayjobs@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I missed the fontWeight entry in SimpleCSSStyles. You have a point then.

numeric properties ie fontWeight

> Hi,
>
>> SimpleCSSStyles contains all the style names that SimpleCSSStylesImpl is guaranteed
to support.

> Of which font weight is an existing one. I’m not added support for something it didn’t
support just fixing a bug for something it supported.

>> So I wouldn’t say fontWeight not being supported by SimpleCSSStylesImpl was a bug,
unless it were added to SimpleCSSStyles.

> As I said it already supports it. If you look at the class you’ll see this property:
>
> native public var fontWeight:*;
>
>> I think if you want to be safe in MXML, it’s best to avoid using string values
for style and to use objects such as SimpleCSSStyles insead.