flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/develop] - Add JS support for non pixel numeric properties ie fontWeight
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 18:36:37 GMT
FWIW, I just added AllCSSStyles. It has a LOT of styles, so it’s probably best to not use
in as-is in deployed apps…

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 8:15 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The code is JS-only, so I think I agree as well.
>
> Disallowing valid JS values just because it does not work on the swf side seems silly
if the code has no cost on the SWF side.

>> On Mar 5, 2017, at 7:43 PM, Yishay Weiss <yishayjobs@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, I missed the fontWeight entry in SimpleCSSStyles. You have a point then.

pixel numeric properties ie fontWeight

>> Hi,
>>
>>> SimpleCSSStyles contains all the style names that SimpleCSSStylesImpl is guaranteed
to support.

>> Of which font weight is an existing one. I’m not added support for something it
didn’t support just fixing a bug for something it supported.

>>> So I wouldn’t say fontWeight not being supported by SimpleCSSStylesImpl was
a bug, unless it were added to SimpleCSSStyles.

>> As I said it already supports it. If you look at the class you’ll see this property:
>>
>> native public var fontWeight:*;
>>
>>> I think if you want to be safe in MXML, it’s best to avoid using string values
for style and to use objects such as SimpleCSSStyles insead.