flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Horizontal list missing scrollbar
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2017 08:41:23 GMT

> Again, probably DAYG (Do As You Go).

Fair enough. Some pointers how to fix this or where to look at where to fix this would be

In general people unfamiliar with the framework may need some help if they don't know where
to look they probably not going to fix the framework but just find a hack around any deficiencies
it has.

> If none of our examples needed it

Some examples need this. It hard to scroll something if you can’t see it has scroll bars
in the first place :-)

> Not all bugs will be fixed right away.  We just don't have enough people.
> We need more code contributors.

So we should be coming of of ways to make it easier for people to contribute.

> It should just be a choice of ScrollingViewport beads

I looked at the bead, the JS implementation in minimal, and I'd guess the change needs to
be here:

override public function set strand(value:IStrand):void
   super.strand = value;
   (contentView.element as HTMLElement).style.overflow = 'auto';

It seems wrong to duplicate 400 odd lines of code (most of it AS code) to make other beads
just to change one line of code. Extending the class and overriding that single method seems
to give compiler errors which is unexpected. Any advice? Wouldn't it be better if overflow
was a property of the bead?

View raw message