flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Text binding showing undefined
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 22:21:20 GMT

> It is totally fine, however, to have a TextModelWithEmptyStringDefaults.
> And have Express use it and Harbs could use it in his app.  Again, what
> percentage of the time in production will a label's text property not be
> set to something other than “"?

It would be a reasonably common with binding I think. (I ran into the issue reasonably quickly
multiple times in this app I making). But there are work arounds so it's not a big issue.

Basically between creating a component and setting the value, if the values that is need to
be set to comes from a HTTP call then the time between those two events could be noticeable
by the user.

I think it would be good idea to document all of these work arounds / fixes for common problems
that Flex SDK or JS developers may run into.

View raw message