flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: source forge downloads failing
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 22:00:31 GMT
Hi,

>  so we need our users to update the JCE, but this is not available outside of the US.

How do we get around this bit? (For context about 20% of our web site audience is from the
US). I’m not sure it's all countries however.

There seems to be serval countries where it can’t be used due to US export laws/there import
laws [1].

Does this cause an issue with distribution of our source/binaries vs the Apache license as
we’re basically putting in a restriction of use??? (I don't know the answer to this.)

Justin

1. http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/20524/why-there-are-limitations-on-using-encryption-with-keys-beyond-certain-length