flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] TextArea and MultilineLabel
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 06:51:26 GMT

On 2/27/17, 10:45 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>>> I also tried MultilineLabel as far as I can see ignores any new lines
>>>in
>>> it content. Is this a bug?
>>
>> Not sure.  How do you specify a new line in a regular HTML Span, and did
>> you use the same thing?
>

>With spans you don't as they are inline elements.
>
>In HTMl you would normal use a div inserted with lines separated by <br
>/>’s or perhaps a <pre> or perhaps a readonly textarea.

I think InnerHTML should let you do that.  Again, we are in the business
of encapsulating common patterns.  So if there eis some pattern that you
like that hasn't been encapsulated, feel free to do so.

FWIW, MultilineLabel should take an html as well as text property, so you
should be able to specify html with <br /> tags.

HTH,
-Alex