flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS][Maven] Some maven enhancement proposals
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 17:09:32 GMT

On 2/8/17, 8:51 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Well actually it was you that wanted a third one …
>I was complaining that the externs were located in the compiler, where
>they didn’t belong from my point of view, so I wanted to move them to the
>framework, but you wanted them in a third one in order to be able to
>release all three parts independently.
>
>I would say, that moving them to framework shouldn’t be that difficult.

Except that the source for the JS externs comes packaged in a compiler
dependency.  I'm already cheating in the Ant build and getting the externs
from the FalconJX repo so we don't have to download Closure Compiler twice.

I found the old discussion.  Most externs have JS source, not AS source.
Currently everything in flex-asjs has AS source.  And externs will change
least often since they generally represent stable popular JS frameworks.

-Alex