flex-dev mailing list archives

From piotrz <piotrzarzyck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] MDL - Dynamic Child Problem
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:51:00 GMT
Hi Carlos,

Well at some point I agree, but there are components which you won't be able
to simple use this bead:

For example TextField. You cannot do such things:

var textField = new TextField();
textField.addBead(new UpgradeElement()) - cause this bead is registering
host.element and element is not always something what need to be upgraded.
Sometimes upgrades needs some internal components - Take a look how I use
UpgradeElement in TextField.

The other things RadioButton - It's also same or even worse, cause Radio
contains two components inside which need to be upgraded.

If we wanna add possibility to create such basic components dynamically I
don't see any other options.

This bead is also for someone who will create custom component in FlexJS,
register it and will need to upgrade it during dynamic creation. - That's
the place where PAYG will work fully.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC