flex-dev mailing list archives

From yishayw <yishayj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Should <beads> override or aggregate?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 14:06:19 GMT
I filed [1].

Note that the same issue can happen in as3 classes. In [2], for example, we
won't see the tooltip if there are other beads added by the user of this
class.

I propose to add IStrand.beadsReady() which is where implementers will add
their default beads and check for the issues raised by Peter. We have an
Event('beadsAdded') but that doesn't always get called, and it can get
called more than once. Plus, I think having it as part of the interface will
lessen the likelihood of implementers overlooking these issues.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35254
[2] https://paste.apache.org/b6FI