flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [FlexJS] Change flex sdk descriptor?
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 18:20:57 GMT
Hi Alex,

But all the IDEs are alive and are being maintained. Flash Builder is the only one that's
but been maintained.

But I'd be ok with an additional descriptor if more people here think we should keep legacy
stuff in a new product.

Chris

Von: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Datum: 25.01.17 17:34 (GMT+01:00)
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [FlexJS] Change flex sdk descriptor?

On 1/25/17, 7:51 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Well the thing is, that I don’t want to have to rely on a single
>dimension of values to switch multiple dimensions of functionality. What
>happens if people start using x > 4.8 for detecting FlexJS and assume we
>release a regular Flex 4.8? What happens then? Things can get really ugly
>in that case and I am sure it’s gonna happen soon ;-)
>
>I guess we shouldn’t force a hack in our SDK just because a no longer
>supported legacy IDE otherwise doesn’t know how to handle it.

We don't have control over many other IDEs as well, so a change here
requires every other IDE to change.  Seems like we have more control over
IntelliJ.

What if we introduce a new file called flexjs-sdk-descriptor.xml and leave
the old one with the hack for legacy support.  Then all IDE vendors can
move to checking the new file when they have time?

Thoughts?
-Alex