flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheCon] Let's make it happen :-)
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 22:20:53 GMT
Yeah … should have posted the link … stupid me ;-)

Am 31.01.17, 19:34 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Ok so I just added a confluence page, which we could use to aggregate several questions.
    I also added a short text (even purchased a picture I think would fit nicely) … please
add your names in the “supporter” column, if you support a given option in the first two
parts (name and day selection)
    Also feel free to change the text and add things to the schedule, eventually comment back
here, if something needs discussing. I think this thread should be used for the discussion
and the confluence page should be the current state of the discussion. Making it easier for
others so see the current state.
    The schedule still has some blanks that need to be filled. I already added talks people
mentioned in the other thread and one talk I think we should have somebody do. But it’s
just a collection of ideas.
    Am 31.01.17, 17:12 schrieb "Josh Tynjala" <joshtynjala@gmail.com>:
        I agree that FlexJS Summit is a better name.
        - Josh
        On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
        > Ok gyus … good news,
        > So in general we are all set to make our first Flex Summit happen … the
        > ASF would be happy, if we did it and the LF doesn’t have any objections.
        > The procedure would be that we come up with a schedule of 5-6
        > Talks/Events. That means we would not be using the official CFP system.
        > However, if someone was to submit anything Flex related in the CFP this
        > would be forwarded to us for being taken into consideration. That makes
        > planning a lot easier as we can discuss the details here and won’t have to
        > hope for our talks to be selected.
        > Also we were asked on what day the summit should be. Tuesday, Wednesday or
        > Thursday. As I understood Harbs, that it would be better for him to attend
        > later in the Week I would suggest Thursday, but as probably Justin and I
        > would be submitting something related to IoT I would do a quick check to
        > make sure the IoT Summit is not on Thursday ;-)
        > The Linux Foundation would like to know if the Summit should be called
        > “Flex Summit” … I would prefer “FlexJS Summit” to sort of promote that
        > summit would have a focus on FlexJS and eventually make people curious, but
        > I think we should decide here quickly so the LF can get started.
        > Also the LF would need a short introduction/summary … I would start
        > writing such an introduction and post it here for further discussion, if
        > that’s ok with you?
        > Last not least I am currently discussing options with the LF for enabling
        > Summit Sponsors with a separate pricing, allowing companies to explicitly
        > sponsor project summits and not the entire ApacheCon. I’ll keep you guys
        > and hereby potential sponsors updated on that.
        > Really excited about this :-)
        > Chris

View raw message