flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Some things still missing ni FlexJS
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 08:45:53 GMT
I would strongly object to make the FlexJS Compiler directly utilize Cordova. This would tightly
couple the two.
Guess I just don’t understand quite what’s the difference between the CordovaCameraExample
which produces a Cordova project, which is then packaged using cordova in another step.
I think creating an archetype for this to easily setup a new project is definitely a thing
that should be done (eventually by myself), but I wouldn’t like to see the FlexJS compiler
include anything Cordova directly.

Am 16.01.17, 07:36 schrieb "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com>:

    On 1/15/17, 9:12 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
    >What exactly are you talking about when mentioning “Cordova Support”?
    >Don’t we already have examples that are bundled with Cordova to valid
    >Mobile Apps?
    >What’s missing here?
    Not sure I understand you question, but in another thread I mentioned
    having a Cordova-specific "Publisher".  It would know how to create a
    Cordova Project in the output folder if it didn't already exist,
    automatically add Cordova plugins that are represented by SWCs in the
    library-path, maybe more.
    If Flex became the preferred way or even a recommended way of building
    Cordova apps, having big name companies marketing for us would be a huge
    Of course, I could be wrong...

View raw message