flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [FlexJS] Which java source version? What to do with unreachable code blocks?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 21:54:27 GMT

I am currently going through some issues in the code and stumbled over several that need discussion:

-          The Ant build script claims the source to be Java 1.6, but there’s code in there
that is marked as “since 1.7” (COMPJSC.java Lines 349 and 351): What source level are
we using? I would vote for 1.7 as we are doing new stuff and I don’t see the point in writing
that in a no longer supported Java version. I would even be ok with 1.8. You couldn’t use
it with Maven with Java 1.6 anyway because our minimum Maven version already requires 1.7.

-          I have encountered several code blocks in which if statements compare String constants
with the “==” operator. In most cases this can’t possibly be true … unfortunately
there are larger code blocks in there. Now I could simply delete the code blocks (they don’t
seem to be needed at the moment) but I guess they were written for a purpose, so I don’t
quite feel well with deleting.

o    org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.codegen.as.ASEmitter Line: 1332

o   org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.codegen.js.flexjs.JSFlexJSDocEmitter Line: 173, 251,
252, 346, 385, 389, 393, 405, 409

o   org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.codegen.js.flexjs.JSFlexJSEmitter Line: 475-479

o   org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.codegen.js.goog.JSGoogDocEmitter Line: 115, 119, 204,
205, 435, 442, 505, 506

o   org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.codegen.js.goog.JSGoogEmitter Line: 430, 649, 704, 710,
780, 785

o   org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.codegen.mxml.MXMLEmitter Line: 184

o   org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.codegen.mxml.flexjs.MXMLFlexJSASDocEmitter: Line 822

o   ...

Some of these “==” issues might even be correct if the source is initialized with the
same constant as which it’s being compared to.