flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] [Discuss] Add support for "automationName" for making unit-tests simpler
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 06:41:20 GMT

On 1/15/17, 9:17 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Well simply adding an automationName attribute would be small and simple,
>adding beads would be more PAYG, but also a lot of more code.
>What would be cool would be if we could add such an AutomationBead
>similarly as skinClass would be added in Spark. Some configuration that
>allows adding AutmationBeads based on css-like selectors. That would be
>awesome.

I don't see any reason you couldn't do something like that.  The JS side
has Metadata.  An automated test library could watch for DOM changes,
check the metadata on the instance and instantiate the AutomationBead.

You could also specify AutomationBeads via a CSS file and include that
file if you do a test build.  Then the automated test library would watch
for DOM changes and check CSS values on the instance.

HTH,
-Alex