flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] DisableBead
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 21:46:00 GMT
On the SWF side, the TextInput is actually a flash.display.TextField and
it is that thing that needs to be disabled, not the UIBase element
($displayObject). The FlexJS TextInput, on the SWF side, has a
TextInputView which creates the TextField that's used for the actual
input. So the DisableBead needs to disable the TextField and not the
element wrapper's $displayObject.

This is assuming you'd want the capability to disable TextInput fields. I
could also write a bead that makes a TextInput not editable.