flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Using Maven with Flash Builder
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 13:02:21 GMT
Glad it works now … but the build times are strange. I just ran the build on my machine and
I get something like this:

[INFO] Total time: 3.859s

But eventually this depends on your OS and the type of harddrive you have. I know Windows
filesystems handle operations on loads of files a lot slower than Mac or Linux do and if you
are stuck to spinning disks instead of SSDs you will encounter quite a decrease of performance.
So eventually my MacBook Pro with SSD is just a lot faster. But ten times as fast is still

Am 05.01.17, 09:38 schrieb "Yishay Weiss" <yishayjobs@hotmail.com>:

    I just tried flexjs-simple-application-pure-js-archetype and it works.
    Performance is still not good compared to flash. It takes me 6 seconds to build the flash
version of our application in Flash Builder, and 40 seconds to build the JS version in the
command line.
    Thanks for making this work.
    From: Christofer Dutz<mailto:christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
    Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:30 PM
    To: dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>
    Subject: Re: [FlexJS] Using Maven with Flash Builder
    Hi all,
    I just pushed some updates to the “flexjs-simple-application-archetype”. I noticed
that the example didn’t correctly package the output of the JS build as a war file to the
maven build, but that’s fixed now.
    Also I added two new archetypes: “flexjs-simple-application-pure-js-archetype” and
“flexjs-simple-application-pure-swf-archetype”, which build pure js and swf applications
in debug-mode. If you want a release build, all you have to do is use the “release” profile
by adding “-P release” to the command line.