flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Guild, Jason A (DFG)" <jason.gu...@alaska.gov>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Wanted: UX/UI Design Proposals
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:37:08 GMT
Alex:

Sorry about the dupe post.

I agree that whatever the default "theme" or "skin" turns out to be for
FlexJS should either use a default font (preferrably) or go to some
lengths to make it work really well.

The following link lays out some good points about performance problems
related to web fonts, particularly their lazy loading behavior:
https://meowni.ca/posts/web-fonts/

And this slide deck acknowledges the problems from the link above with
proposed solutions which mitigate the downsides:
https://speakerdeck.com/bramstein/web-fonts-performance

Jason