flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] [Discuss] Add support for "automationName" for making unit-tests simpler
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 08:58:22 GMT
Hi Alex,

Could you eventually whip up a little example of how to do what you describe in the last paragraph?
I’m actually really new to the ActionScript + MXML side of FlexJS, but very willing to learn
;-)

Chris

Am 16.01.17, 07:41 schrieb "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com>:

    On 1/15/17, 9:17 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Well simply adding an automationName attribute would be small and simple,
    >adding beads would be more PAYG, but also a lot of more code.
    >What would be cool would be if we could add such an AutomationBead
    >similarly as skinClass would be added in Spark. Some configuration that
    >allows adding AutmationBeads based on css-like selectors. That would be
    >awesome.

    I don't see any reason you couldn't do something like that.  The JS side
    has Metadata.  An automated test library could watch for DOM changes,
    check the metadata on the instance and instantiate the AutomationBead.

    You could also specify AutomationBeads via a CSS file and include that
    file if you do a test build.  Then the automated test library would watch
    for DOM changes and check CSS values on the instance.

    HTH,
    -Alex