flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Selenium Webdriver Integrationtests
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2017 09:55:15 GMT
Hi,

> For Unit-Tests I think FlexUnit should be the way to go. Ideally runnable in both SWF
and JS. Here writing Tests in Flex(JS) is a good Thing.

+1 JUnit/FlexUnit tests are simple, easy to understand and if done right run very quickly.
Mustella is IMO too slow. While there’s a large number of tests it take about 8 hours or
so to run them all and tests generally take seconds or 10 of seconds to run not milliseconds.
A lot more people would be familiar with Unit style testing as well.

> I would rather go down the path of well established and stable tools instead of putting
the burdon of learning yet another tool to provide functionality on people.

+1 Again people would be more familiar with the well known and standard tools. We also don’t
have to maintain the tools ourselves but can leverage other projects time and effort sent
on this - that means more time spent on the framework code IMO.

Thanks,
Justin