flex-dev mailing list archives

From sankar <santanu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Probable design to support DataGrid sorting
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 08:24:34 GMT
Alex Harui wrote
> I'm wondering though, from the description below, is there a model bead
> involved somewhere?  I would expect to have a  model bead store the sort
> information (which column is being sorted, and whether ascending or
> descending.  That way the customer can set the model to have an initial
> startup sort.  Or is that taken care of some other way?

There was no model bead involved here as dataprovider model is not available
to DataGridButtonBarButtonItemRenderer state (or at least I never found) but
DataGroup and therefore datagrid button bar. Whether a column ascending or
descending that information stores to individual
PNDataGridButtonBarButtonItemRenderer locally, it dispatches it's event
through DataGridButtonBar along with the information of ascending/descending
to PNDataGridColumnSorter.