flex-dev mailing list archives

From sankar <santanu4...@gmail.com>
Subject [FlexJS] Probable design to support DataGrid sorting
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 04:46:21 GMT
/This has been discussed in Apache JIRA:

I spent sometime to implement a custom approach to the FlexJS DataGrid
sorting. At this moment it's in it's very initial stage but able to do
column sorts at runtime along with notification icon (ascending/descending).
I've uploaded all my class files to the related JIRA issue
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35222) and I'm looking forward
for advises if I'm on right track and if it sense to continue my effort.
Will glad to hear your suggestions.

As an initial description to the implementation, following are the classes
that I planned:

*PNDataGridButtonBarButtonItemRenderer:* The class extended by
ButtonBarButtonItemRenderer which creates the button component as column
header and listen to it's click event. The class override to pass our custom
events with requisite information; along with showing an icon for
ascending/descending sort position.

*PNDataGridColumnSorter:* A bead which can be added to DataGrid component
class, and should supply with same field references as we supply for
PNDataProviderChangeNotifier class - sourceID, propertyName - the class
reference holding the ArrayList collection to DataGrid, and the field name
for the ArrayList respectively. The class catches the event fired by
PNDataGridButtonBarButtonItemRenderer, sort the array per column index (from
which column the event fired), updates the main ArrayList and also
re-renders the DataGrid.