flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Have a Flex project summit at ApacheCon NA 2017?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 17:26:35 GMT
Hi all,

We only needed the 30 or so registrations as we wanted to have a fully separately bookable
project summit. The other summits are all fully integrated into the ApacheCon and people can
go to any of the summits they want and eventually visit events from multiple summits. I think
we should go down that path. The only reason for me asking the LF about a separately bookable
event was to make it easier for guys like Alex to only attend one day. But it guess the price
for that is too high.

I think we should do the Flex Summit and call it Apache FlexJS Summit. And again … the main
reason for me wanting to do this, is to get part of the core Flex team together, meet, talk,
set aside some of the differences and fill up the trenches between us that have started manifesting
themselves more and more. Sort of a big kick-off meeting with us meeting, discussing things
and getting the FlexJS ship towards its last part of the journey to the version 1.0. I see
the online “conference” more as an additional thing to spread knowledge, but right now
I think we need community. You don’t build community online.

Chris