flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Cleaning up in the compiler
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 18:08:40 GMT
Hi Alex,

Well I don’t really care where the Ant scripts are … from my point of view I would suggest
to have all build scripts in the root of the module they belong to, or in some direct sub-directory
which indicates it’s build relevance (“build”/”ant” or something similar). Stuff
in the src/main/resources directly goes into the produced jar artifact, which might not be
what we intended to be, or do they have to go in there … you mention the installer? If the
installer needs this file to know how to download dependencies, then it might be good to keep
it in there. If it’s not needed in the jar, but just needed by two different Ant scripts,
I would prefer the module-root-option.

But as that doesn’t interfere with the Maven build and all we have in the worst case, is
a strange Ant script that no one needs, so that’s not an itch I would need immediate scratching.
I was just surprised and was interested in the background.

Chris

Am 30.12.16, 18:59 schrieb "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com>:

    On 12/30/16, 8:38 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

    >Ok … so I did something … hope it’s correct … I was a little surprised to
    >find Ant build scripts in “src/main/resources” and “src/test/resources”
    >any reason for packing in these parts of the build scripts into the final
    >jar?

    I thought that's where you wanted them.  Downloads.xml doesn't need to go
    in the jar, but it is shared by both build.xml and installer.xml so it
    goes in the binary artifacts.  We can move it if you want.

    -Alex