flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [FlexJS] parallel compilation now possible
Date Sun, 25 Dec 2016 16:23:14 GMT
Hi Guys,

I just pushed my changed to the compiler, which eliminate the usage of some of the static
variables for sharing compiler state. Now multiple instances of the compilers should be able
to run in paralell.
With this, it is now possible to use one neat Maven option to speed up build time dramatically.

By using the config option „-T 1C“ for example Maven will execute the build of modules
in paralell using a maximum of one job per CPU core. This cut down the build-time of the framework,
including assembly and example compilation from 1:55 to 0:54 – so it reduced the build time
about by half.
One thing you should keep in mind though. With this setting multiple module builds will run
in paralell and hereby the plugins will log stuff to the console in paralell. This will make
the console-output allmost useless. So if you are having build problems, be sure to turn the
paralell compilation off first or I guarantee you won’t make any sense out of the output
;-)

Chris