flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FLEXJS] ASDoc App
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:47:32 GMT

On 12/15/16, 2:59 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>great to hear that ... being someone who still thinks the static API
>documentation is important, I would like to work on a maven site mojo to
>generate that static stuff. I am very experienced with XSLT, so that
>shouldn’t be a problem. You mentioned, that the Falcon compiler outputs
>XML ... where is that output to and what do I need to do to make him
>generate that?

I have the beginnings of a DITA emitter, but it needs finishing.  You are
welcome to finish it.  IMO, the project is better off not having new
dependencies on XSLT.  It is great that you are an expert at it, but it is
more important that we have redundancy in the community, so relying on
languages most of us know is better.  If you want to modify the ASDoc app
to generate HTML pages that's great as well, but I don't understand why
static pages are better than dynamic pages.  If your concern is search
engines, that is a problem we need to solve for every FlexJS app and the
answer hopefully isn't to generate a pile of HTML from your app.

My 2 cents,
-Alex