flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] About Component Cycle and Events
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:30:24 GMT

On 12/15/16, 12:01 AM, "Yishay Weiss" <yishayjobs@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I see your point about overrides. It looks like set strand() is not the
>place to load partner beads. If that’s the case, is it a bug that
>ContainerView.strand calls createViewport() which loads the model and the
>viewport?

I purposefully chose terms like beads and strands because order matters,
otherwise I probably would have chosen something like rice and nigiri.  If
you plan to override the Viewport, you have to put it on the strand first.
 Beads specified in MXML are loaded before View beads.  So the strandutils
code is useful in many cases in a strand setter, but not all and I think
you will need to use an event to know when to run it.

-Alex