flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject [FlexJS] ComboBox
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 14:57:49 GMT

I've re-worked ComboBox so that it uses TextInput, Button, and List (as its pop-up). The original
version had a lot of platform-specific code and just wasn't working cleanly. This new version
is much better IMO. I still have to figure out how to decorate the button with an arrow. I'm
thinking of an ImageButton, but I'm not sure where the image file should live since this would
be part of a component in a SWC; not sure if image files can be part of the SWC. We've got
a couple of arrow button view beads, but DownArrowButtonView renderers small because it is
designed for the SWF-side scrollbars and is itself only available on the SWF side. The same
is true for the DecrementButtonView which does use the Path class, but it assumes its host
is UIBase-derived and a Button is not. So I've got to come up with something.

I've pushed the code for ComboBox now so you can give that a try.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project