flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] About Flash output
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 16:21:29 GMT

On 12/7/16, 7:30 AM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
<carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as I'm focused on MDL and HTML output, I don't know much about SWF output.
>IMHO, flash output could be very important if is stage3d based, so be as
>performant as possible (as we could get with featherUI nowadays)
>
>So, I want to ask if flash swf otutput is developed with that in mind and
>if is based on 3dstage.

All SWF UI code written so far uses Sprite.  Someone is welcome to write
the version that uses Stage3D.  The reason I chose Sprite is that the
display list has lots of things built in, like DOM events and
accessibility.  Many large enterprise apps must meet accessibility
requirements so I saw that as a barrier to adoption.  I didn't want to
have to write a full accessibility implementation for Stage3D.

-Alex