flex-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] InnerHTML new bead
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 00:49:41 GMT
After search a way to do this I only found this (not tested) that people
says works

but this depends on linking js script.

* What do you think about this?
* License is MIT what is seems to conform to apache 2 license (so this is
not a problem)
* To use this in HTML.js TextNode.as component I'm doing what should I do ?
a extern? Could you give some guidance on how to do it?

I mean somthing like guide steps I think would be:

1.- copy the linking library to flex-typedefs?
2.- make a file XXX (could be based on YYY)

> On 12/13/16, 4:15 PM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
> <carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com>
> wrote:
> >Hi Alex,
> >
> >I remember I tried this approach some time ago and it didn't work, maybe
> >it
> >was since I was returning Text and not a WrappedHTMLElement.
> >Now it compiles and work in example but I have a new problem. It seems a
> >TextNode is always a leaf and can't have html tags for that reason the
> >text
> >in a running example is:

> >Mauris sagittis pellentesque lacus eleifend lacinia...
> >
> >I'm trying to see how to solve this problem
> Yes, I think that Text is plain text.  In your proposed content, you are
> really specifying
> <Text>Lorem ipsum dolor sit</Text>
> <b>âmet</b>
> <Text>, consectetur</Text>
> <i>adipiscing elit</i>
> <Text>Mauris sagittis pellentesque lacus eleifend lacinia...</Text>
> The issue may be that there are multiple ways to specify and operate on
> innerHTML.  If you want to set it directly, then you shouldn't be able to
> specify any other children.  Hence my earlier suggestion to have a
> DivWithInnerHTML component that doesn't subclass Container and only has an
> innerHTML property.
> -Alex

Carlos Rovira
Director General