flex-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject [FlexJS, MDL] MaterialIcon from bead to normal component
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2016 02:12:21 GMT
Hi Piotr,

just committed a huge change that makes the material icons a component
instead a bead as I anticipated some days ago.
I think this approach is better since now the icons can have a place in
mxml where the order is take into account.
For components like containers, span, a, etc... that are containers there's
no problem. An example:

<mdl:CardActions border="true">
                    <mdl:Button colored="true" ripple="true" text="Add to

<js:Span text="{actor.actorName}">
        <mdl:MaterialIconPerson listItemIcon="true"/>

For normal components that does not support nesting, like a Button I
introduced a property "materialIcon" so you'll end writing:

<mdl:Button fab="true" ripple="true">
                    <mdl:MaterialIconFace size="48"/>

I made the changes in Chips and is working without error. But hope you
could give a final review to check that all is ok

Carlos Rovira