flex-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Tynjala <joshtynj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How Apache manages FlexJS version in flex-sdk-description?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 16:23:02 GMT
It's impossible for us to put the real version number for FlexJS in the
<version> element because Flash Builder thinks 0.8.0 is not a valid version
for a Flex SDK. We're basically tricking Flash Builder into thinking our
SDK is Flex 4. Adobe no longer updates Flash Builder, so we can't convince
them to add a special case for FlexJS. With that in mind, simply think of
the <version> element as a placeholder field that you should ignore as a
user. The real version is included in the <name> element.

I had to do the same thing with the Feathers SDK:

Just one of the things we need to deal with building a modern ActionScript
SDK while people are still using older tools.

- Josh