flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Gotschim <m...@vulcansoft.com>
Subject Snippets for FlexJS
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 04:49:35 GMT
I've been thinking about the complaints I’ve read on this list about the missing documentation
for FlexJS and I’d like to do something to help out. I’ve used AS3/Flex for many years,
and I’m now trying to get a hang of FlexJS.

So I thought it might be a good starting point for FlexJS newbies (like me) to have snippets
for most or all components that FlexJS has to offer, and make them useable in Josh’s NextGenAS
VSCode extension.

I’d be happy to create the snippets, but I would need someone experienced to write a list
of FlexJS components as a starting point.

The list would have to be in MXML format and the components could have multiple lines, include
beads and strands, and useful/common properties and styles like x, y, width, height, color,
fontsize, paddings, alignments, etc.  Something like this:

<s:VGroup id="vg" x="10" y="20" gap="10"
    paddingLeft="0" paddingRight="0" paddingTop="0" paddingBottom="0"
    horizontalAlign="left" verticalAlign="top" ....... />

<s:Label id="lbl" color=“0xff0000” fontSize=“20” fontWeight=“bold” fontStyle=“italic"
textAlign=“center” text=“some text" ........ />

IMO, that would go a long way to make up for the missing docs and allow newbies to get started
much faster.

Anyone?

-Christian