flex-dev mailing list archives

From piotrz <piotrzarzyck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Setting up FlexJS and MDL
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 10:22:30 GMT
Hi Om,

What a great news that you are going to look into that! :)

I'm using only maven to build each part of the project FlexJS, Falcon, MDL
itself and MDL Example project, so If you successfully setup your
environment with it you are almost ready.

I'm using Intellij IDEA:
- FlexJs (maven build with distribution artifacts), Falcon and Typedefs - 1
Project with modules Maven type
- MDL Library Project (Flash type) - Separate project which pointing as Lib
to distribution artifacts - In order to have the freshes changes from FlexJS
whenever I rebuild it.
- MDL Example Project (Flash type) - Same as above but as Lib I'm pointing
to MDL Library

Flow:
- Someone has changed FlexJS and I wanted to have those changes locally -
rebuild FlexJS/Falcon/Typedefs
- I'm changing MDL library - add new components etc. and wanted to try it
out - Rebuild MDL Library - MDL Example will see new swc and I can use my
components.

If I wanted to debug something in MDL Example Project I'm using VS Code, but
in most cases I don't need to cause Maven or Web Browser tells me what's
wrong.

Let me know whether it's understandable.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com