flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS, MDL] Add icon to DeletableChip
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 05:04:50 GMT
Not sure I have an opinion about how the beads should work together.  I'm
just saying that it can be more convenient to have the beads on the same
strand instead of beads with beads.

I don't think we have standards on the way the beads work together.  You
will probably find it is easier to require that beads be added in a
certain order than having to watch the strand for new beads and search the
strand for a bead, but it is easier for the consumer to use if bead order
doesn't matter as much.

If you consider re-use of beads, then making sure the beads don't make too
many assumptions is better.  IMO, instead of a MaterialIconBead with
parameters, I would probably have a MaterialIconCancelBead and
MaterialIconFaceBead, etc.  Again, the compiler will make sure you typed
it correctly, and then such a bead could probably be used in more places
as it won't have assumptions about what content it will change.

My 2 cents,
-Alex