flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Bindable] and private setters (was Re: [Falcon])
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:01:25 GMT

On 11/22/16, 9:26 AM, "Josh Tynjala" <joshtynjala@gmail.com> wrote:

>If they make the getter public and the setter private, it's probably on
>purpose. If the compiler then forces the setter to be public for
>[Bindable], it should at least tell them that something probably
>unexpected
>is happening. I think a warning makes sense.

I don't think that [Bindable] has to force the setter to be public.

IMO, the right answer is to leave the setter as private and you'll get the
same errors as if you didn't use [Bindable] which is an error about
read-only if you don't use the private:: prefix.  That isn't completely
obvious, but at least is consistent.

Thoughts?
-Alex