flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] position:relative
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2016 06:21:58 GMT
FlexJS containers set position:relative or position:absolute because I
think you need to do so in order to get percentWidth/percentHeight to
work.  If there is a way to solve all scenarios without that, or a way to
be even smarter about when to set position I'd be interested.  I think
your app may not be relying on percentages?

On 11/12/16, 10:26 AM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos
Rovira" <carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org>

>all HTML FlexJS components use to have the line:
>positioner.style.position = 'relative';
>this translates to the HTML output as
>style="position: relative;"
>For example, in MDL the original examples has no position set so it uses
>its default (static). I think we should do the same since don't see the
>benefits of setting all components to position: relative.
>I removed in all MDL comps this line, and results are the same, and an
>output more close to original examples I'm replicating.
>In case folks wants relative position, I think this should be a particular
>case, since is more easy to set the default set without this property set
>and make people wanting that to set in its own component set or
>What do you think?
>Carlos Rovira

View raw message