flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: New Flex SDK release
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 15:27:18 GMT

On 11/3/16, 1:12 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> One thing I would really be dleighted about, would be, if we could get
>>rid of the patched libraries used in the sdk.
>> However I don’t have any idea what sideeffects this would have.
>Way back I did look into doing so but was going to be a lot of work for
>Bartik as Adobe made a large number of changes to the code base that
>would be hard to apply to later versions.

AIUI, changes were made to Batik to allow Flex-specific CSS properties
that do not follow the CSS standard.  My understanding is that vendor or
product-specific properties are supposed to be prefixed with things like
-mozilla or -webkit and thus Flex properties probably should have started
with -flex, but the Flex team decided to just add new properties without
any prefix.  I don't think we want to force existing Flex users to adopt
CSS-standard property naming, and I don't see how we could contribute
these changes back to Batik.  If I were on the Batik PMC, I wouldn't want

So, I'm pretty sure something will break if we try to use an official
unmodified Batik release.  IMO, the question is whether there is a better
way to manage these modifications.

View raw message