flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Getting ready for the refactor-sprite merge (was Re: [FlexJS] HTMLElementWrapper extending Sprite)
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 15:54:31 GMT
One more thing.  I found out that, due to a compiler bug on the JS side,
we've gotten away with having the element() and createElement() calls be
of type IFlexJSElement in UIBase but WrappedHTMLElement in the subclasses.
 Yes, I plan to allow this kind of overloading someday, but in theory, it
shouldn't work today.  Does anybody care if we switch from
WrappedHTMLElement to IFlexJSElement in the subclasses?

On 11/2/16, 8:20 AM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>OK.  Cross your fingers.  Let me know if you run into issues.  The HTML
>folder should now contain wrapped Sprites.
>Note that several files got moved from Core and Graphics to HTML because
>we had to move UIBase to HTML and Basic so there would be a wrapped and
>unwrapped version and once you move UIBase out, lots of other things have
>to move as well, so be careful if you are working on concrete base classes
>that you think were in Core, or working on the SVG classes in Graphics.
>The Basic folder is the unwrapped code and is not part of the build right
>now.  That's because I have to try to solve some of the API collision
>issues in the compiler first.  It will be a good test of whether we can
>get the compiler to allow certain kinds of overloading in a SWF.  I have a
>few other things in the my queue before I get to that.
>On 11/2/16, 12:00 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Sounds good.
>>Looking forward!
>>On Nov 2, 2016, at 8:44 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>>> Update:
>>> Maven and Ant builds work locally for me.  DataBindingExample runs.
>>> I will push it tomorrow unless someone comes up with a good reason not
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Alex

View raw message