flex-dev mailing list archives

From dhwanishah85 <dhwanisha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Flex] SocketException: Operation not permitted for MacOS
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 00:44:20 GMT

I have been working on a flex application which uses ServerSocket and it
supposed to open a socket connection which java plugin should listen and
client-server should be able to communicate with each other.

Whole process is working for me when I try running it locally from Flash
Builder. We use Ant script to create installer which should be as per App
store requirement. The created installer when tries to open a socket - we
get SocketException: Operation not permitted.

We tried to open socket form Java plugin too. Which also throws
java.net.SocketException: Operation not permitted  when ran from installer.

Same ANT script creates installer for windows which works fine on Windows
without any socket error.

I have looked into flash policy files as well seen that MAC OS allows
TLSSocket/SSL Socket. Can anyone guess what the issue can be with MacOS